Food Wine and Art
Kangaroo Island’s thriving food and wine industry has been described as “Innovative, passionate and fresh” in the Kangaroo Island Visitor Guide and if food is your thing KI won’t disappoint you.
Lathami Lodge is situated 1 km from Stokes Bay and about 18 kms from the nearest town, Parndana.
MARKETS and KI GOURMET EVENT
Penneshaw has Farmers Markets & Community Markets 1st Sunday each month.
The Cygnet River Racecourse provides the venue for the “Gourmet Gallop” each January.
Table 88 exciting new Restaurant. Bookings 85592164 table88ki.com
The Rock Pool Café Stokes Bay Beach open seasonally from September through to May 11am – 4pm. Closed on Mondays.
They offer: seafood, pasta, hot chips, ice creams, cold drinks and coffee. Takeaway is available. They also supply local wines and dine-in meals. Ph 08 8559 2277 for enquiries.
Parndana offers an IGA and a Deli.
Near Parndana, just off the Harriet Road is the Marron Cafe where you can dine on Andermel Marron (freshwater crayfish) and drink the local Two Wheeler Creek Wines.
“Marron is a boutique luxury food. They take around 2.5 to 3 years to be grown to cafe size and so are quite expensive to produce. However they are typically half the price of and often preferred to sea water lobster. Our chef offers delicious marron dishes for your enjoyment”.
The menu offers a wide selection of food and beverages, children’s menu and specialities.
The Parndana Hotel is open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. Ph 08 8559 6071
- Frogs and Roses Restaurant at 705 Playford Highway has rave reviews for their pizzas. Ph 08 85539041
- Chocol’ Art and Coffee if you love both chocolate and coffee!
- Cactus Breakfasts
- Tappas Bar opposite Gift shop
- The Island Beehive offers delicious Honeycomb Icecream.
- The Queenie Hotel
- Rogers Deli and Cafe
- Island Pure Sheep Dairy, Produce, Shop and Cheese Factory
- Emu Bay's Lavender Farm is open seasonally
- For a special treat go to Hannaford and Sachs as they offer luncheons in The Fig Tree from 1st December through to 30th June from 12 to 3 pm. A Shearing Shed lunch or dinner is also available as is the Beach tavern. They take private bookings.
- The Whiting Burger at Vivonne Bay Store is renown.
- A new Cafe is at Little Sahara.
- Flinders Chase has The Chase Cafe
- Honey Pot D'Estrees - good hamburgers
Kangaroo Island artists have earned a reputation for producing both unique and high quality artworks. Many attract national and international acclaim. You have the opportunity to visit, meet artists and purchase a unique artwork for your home.
- Kingscote has the Fine Art Kangaroo Island Studio
- Bay of Shoals has Shep’s studio 85532116
- At Baudin Beach you van view KI Artworks Gallery with its wide selection of works
There are thirty wine growers on KI. Visitors are able to choose from eighteen home grown labels, five of which are being exported to the UK, USA, Europe and Asia.